DO’S AND DON’TS
DURING THE LOAN PROCESS
Thank you so much for applying for your loan here with McGuire Lending Group. We look forward to a successful closing!
With that in mind McGuire Lending Group would like to remind you of a few things from the time you get pre-approved until your loan closes. We like to call these the Do’s and Don’ts of Home Buying. These are some helpful tips to keep the process smooth and seamless. But as always, we are here to help, so please feel free to reach out to us at 630-971-1901 (Illinois) or 941-212-2665 (Florida) with any questions that you may have.
- Don’t make cash deposits into your account
- Don’t purchase a new car while you’re in the middle of escrow.
- Don’t be a co-signer for anyone on anything; e.g., cars, houses, boats, furniture, etc.
- Don’t add yourself to someone’s title
- Don’t accept funds from someone else for the purchase of your home unless prior arrangements have been made with your loan officer. This would be called Gift Funds
- Don’t make any major purchases (car, furniture, refrigerator, etc.)
- Don’t apply for new credit (even if you’re “preapproved”)
- Don’t open a new credit card
- Don’t transfer credit card balances
- Don’t pay charge offs. (unless your lender says to do it)
- Don’t pay off any collections. (you guessed it- ask your lender first)
- Don’t close any credit card accounts
- Don’t increase your credit card debt
- Don’t change bank accounts
- Don’t consolidate debt or credit cards
- Don’t take out a new loan (yeah, people have done it)
- Don't make any cash deposits without checking with your loan officer first
- Don’t pay off loans or credit cards unless your lender says it’s ok.
- Do call the office to speak to us if a change has been made to your monthly income
- Do continue making your rent/mortgage payments
- Do stay current on all your existing credit cards and other accounts
- Do keep working at your current employer (Yes, some people quit their jobs while getting a loan)
- Do call the office to speak to your loan officer if you have any questions about any of the above items mentioned.
If you have any questions, please call us at 630-971-1901.